With this fly tying machine every fly can be tied effortless and effective. The SpeedVise holds hooks in sizes #8/0 to #32 securely in specially hardened jaws.
This vise is the perfect choice for every tier who has the highest requirements for his equipment.
– The centered position of the jaws ensures uniform rotation without annoying imbalance.
– THE SpeedVise feature is without a doubt the effortless rotation of the vise axis. To spin dubbing, thread and other materials is possible with incredible speed.
– The tension of axis rotation is infinitely adjustable. Perfect for precise work with hackles and other stuff.
– The shaft of the vise is tiltable backwards and forwards with no need for any tool. This way you are able to adjust the vise to any need -even while tying a fly…
– Our sliding clutch secures the axis propperly. It will not get loose or fall out accidentially and not whith a tilted shaft either.
– By using the clutch you may secure the axis in 8 position (45°-wise). This way a safe, precise and comfortable fly tying is garanteed even when working with salmon twin hooks.
Vario Bobbin Rest
– You just need a slight touch to get the bobbin rest out of the way. The Vario Bobbin Rest is 90° pivotable and of course adjustable in heigth and length.
– The hardened and burnished vise jaws are easyly adjustable to any preferred hook. No matter the size: From #32 to #8/0 – the SpeedVise will hold em all. Perfectly.
– 2 thread clamps behind the jaws will make your tying more comfortable and actually easyer. Great for dealing with several threads or wires at a time, or tying with long hackles and other stuff.
– The base plate of the SpeedVise weighs arround 1,7kg (~3,7lb). This ensures a propper footing. The surface is carefully powder coated for best look and feel.
– Best high grade steel and sheer art of engineering blend to an outstanding fly vise “Made in Germany”.
The aim of Maier & Fazis was to develop the perfect fly vice.
Hans Maier recognized many years ago the importance of having a central rotating axis for fly tying.
Andreas Ruf, a cutting machine operator was also unsatisfied with the existing vises and worked on his own design.
Both found Hans Fazis who offered the necessary technical advice and production resources. The result of their cooperation is the Maier & Fazis SpeedVise. A high end product with outstanding design made in Germany.