The Maier & Fazis BasicVise is the perfect choice for the travelling fly tier or beginner. Every fly tier who isn´t ready to invest hundreds of euros in a new vise will be able to get a precision tool that is completely Made in Germany.
– The ballhead is 360° rotatable at the shaft. Due to the tilted position of the jaws you will notice a 6 cm radius of the hook by rotating the ballhead. This enables individually adjustable tying positions.
– The hardened and burnished vise jaws are easyly adjustable to any preferred hook. No matter the size: From #32 to #8/0 – the BasicVise will hold em all. Perfectly.
– 2 thread clamps behind the jaws will make your tying more comfortable and actually easyer. Great for dealing with several threads or wires at a time, or tying with long hackles and other stuff.
– The base plate of the BasicVise weighs arround 1,8kg (~3,9lb). This ensures a propper footing. The surface is carefully powder coated for best look and feel.
– Best high grade steel and sheer art of engineering blend to an outstanding fly vise “Made in Germany”.